You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
 
 
 
 
Daniel Poelzleithner 8943512f19 add acceleration print script 12 years ago
bluerobin Initial commit: 12 years ago
contrib add acceleration print script 12 years ago
driver Initial commit: 12 years ago
include Initial commit: 12 years ago
logic Initial commit: 12 years ago
simpliciti Initial commit: 12 years ago
tools add config frontend 12 years ago
.gitignore add config frontend 12 years ago
README.txt GOOD NEWS! IT WORKS! (see README.txt) 12 years ago
even_in_range.s Initial commit: 12 years ago
ezchronos.c rename main file 12 years ago
intrinsics.c Corrected typo in comment 12 years ago
intrinsics.h fix merge error 12 years ago
makefile auto convert elf files 12 years ago

README.txt


2010-06-16 (2:30 AM CDT) - IT WORKS!!!
I just completed building the project. I then flashed my watch,
and all the functions I have tested work. Hour and Minutes,
Seconds, Month and Day, Day of the Week, and YES! even sync.


2010-06-15 - Project now compiles and links without errors. This
was accomplished by compiling and linking in separate steps.
Thanks go to Daniel Poelzleitherner for this contribution.
Daniel also contributed Python scripts that convert the build's elf
file to a TI txt file. This function is incorporated into the
makefile and is done automatically at the end of the build.


ITEMS NEEDING TESTING: (as of 2010-06-14

1) four intrinsic functions had to be written.
As of 2010-06-13 they are untested and couple of
them probably don't work yet.

2) bsp_msp430_defs.h - A compiler specific stanza for
MSPgcc was added near line #135. This stanza was copied
from the previous stanza specific to IAR and modified. The
only modifications were to the __bsp_ENABLE_INTERRUPTS__()
and __bsp_DISABLE_INTERRUPTS__() macros. The other macros
may or may not work with MSPgcc. They do compile without errors or
warnings. The one macro I am not sure about, haven't looked
into what it means, is __bsp_QUOTED_PRAGMA__(x)

3) FIXED: (see note on 2010-06-15)
With MSPgcc4 this project compiles cleanly (see minor warning
in "Before you build the first time:") but there are linking errors
"warning: internal error: unsupported relocation error"


BEFORE YOU BUILD THE FIRST TIME:

1) Many of the TI source code files #include <intrinsics.h> MSPgcc does
not come with an intrinsics.h file. Therefore the intrinsics.h included
in this project will need to be placed in a system directory; e.g., in
MSPGCC4\lib\gcc\msp430\4.4.3\include mspgcc4/msp430/include

2) I haven't figured out how to have an empty directory in git so that
clones will be complete. So, before the first build, it is necessary to
create the build directory specified in the makefile.

3) I am using Windows 7, and have experiemented with three different 'make'
utilities - CygWin, MinGW, and GNU make. The Unix based CygWin 'make'
had no problems with a blank in a directory name as long as the blank was
escaped, but one or both of the DOS versions - MinGW and/or GNU make - did
have a problem. To avoid this problem I have added an underscore to the
directory "simpliciti/Applications/application/End Device/". It is now
"simpliciti/Applications/application/End_Device/". And the reference in the
makefile has been adjusted accordingly. Other than this one thing the code
should still compile with either IAR, CCS, or MSPgcc4.

4) In general the source files have not been changed in such a way that the
code will not still compile with either IAR or CCS compilers (except for
the aforementioned adding of an underscore). However, I have not included
the precompiled library files that are need to copile with the code-size
limited versions of IAR and CCS.

5) MSPgcc4's signal.h issues an apparently harmless, but annoying warning,
at line 39. This warning can fill a page of the output from make, making it
difficult to identify the real errors. I commented this line out in my copy
of signal.h. You may want to consider doing the same.


HOW THE PORT WAS DONE:

1) All places where I modified the original code hopefully) are marked with my
initials PFS or pfs. The only actual code changes were to the two area
mentioned above in "Items needing testing:" and the #5 below.

2) bluerobin code had to be elimiated because mspgcc cannot link to the provided
bluerobin library and the source code is not available.

3) All compiler specific areas that accommodated IAR and CCS were enhanced to
accommodate MSPgcc4

4) The Simpliciti *.dat files were converted to *.h files

5) Since I never need to look at my watch to determine the year, but I often
look to my watch to determine the day of the week (I'm retired now), in date.c
I changed the date display to display the day of the week (as a number from 0 to 6).
The original code is still there, just commented out, just one line. BTW,
while doing this I noticed that TI did not use the RTC for the time and date
functions which might account for some of the inaccurate timekeeping that has
been reported.


Paul F. Sehorne
2010-06-14