This is a malloc-free implementation of the Concise Binary Object
Representation (CBOR) data format for the RIOT-OS.
This implementation mostly stand-alone, and it should be pretty easy to
port to other platforms. We're only using the C STL and some custom
network-related functionaliy which could be easily replaced by depending
The CBOR API is straight-forward to use and provides encoding/decoding
functionality for all major C types, such as:
- struct tm
It is possible to conditionally compile this module via CFLAGS:
- CBOR_NO_SEMANTIC_TAGGING: All semantic-tagging features removed
- CBOR_NO_CTIME: All ctime related features removed
- CBOR_NO_FLOAT: All floating-point related features removed
- CBOR_NO_PRINT: All features depending on printf removed
Many modules have subdirectories. Often these subdirectories should only
be included under certain circumstances. Modules that use submodules
currently need to use this pattern:
DIRS = …
@for i in $(DIRS) ; do $(MAKE) -C $$i ; done ;
@for i in $(DIRS) ; do $(MAKE) -C $$i clean ; done ;
This PR moves the `all:` and `clean::` boilerplate into `Makefile.base`.
For MSP430 boards oneway-malloc is already used *if* `malloc.h` was
included. The problem is that `malloc.h` is not a standard header, even
though it is common. `stdlib.h` in the right place to look for
`malloc()` and friends.
This change removes this discrepancy. `malloc()` is just named like
that, without the leading underscore. The symbols now are weak, which
means that they won't override library functions if MSP's standard
library will provide these functions at some point. (Unlikely, since
using `malloc()` on tiny systems is less then optimal ...)
Closes#1061 and #863.
We do not need to descend into the modules to know what to do on
`make clean BOARD=blub`. We can just invoke `rm -rf bin/blub`.
This PR only keeps the descending into the USEPKGs, since they might
want to delete cached/downloaded/extracted data.
Application developers use `$(USEMODULES)` in their Makefiles to have
the relevant functionally automagically added to their apps. This even
does basic dependency tracking by means of `Makefile.dep`.
But an important thing is missing: the automatic adding of include
paths. This is inconvenient, error prone, and will hinder the RIOT core
developers in future to change folder structures.
current implementation of the bloom filter only
handles c strings, this commits changes the hash
functions to work on byte arrays.
additionally I did:
added to more hashes
moved hashes in its own sys folder