You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
This directory provides some porting information for libraries and programs to use with RIOT (to build an external module). If you'd like to add a package to RIOT you need to add a directory with the name of your package to this directory. Your directory should contain at least two files:
- One or more patch files - Your patches of the upstream application of the package to make it build with RIOT.
- Makefile- A Makefile describing how to get the upstream application, apply the patch and how to build the package as a RIOT module. A rough template for several methods of acquiring a package is provided in Makefile.git, Makefile.http, and Makefile.svn
Creating a patch with git
Assuming your upstream application resides in a git repository, you can create the patch files as follows:
- checkout the targeted version of the upstream application
- conduct necessary changes (e.g. edit, add, or remove some files)
- commit your changes using
- create the patch files using
git format-patch -n HEAD~Nwhere
Nis the number of commits you did
- move the resulting patch files to the corresponding subfolder of pkg