If you select to debug ct-ng, then you have two new options:
- DEBUG_CT_PAUSE_STEPS : pause between every steps,
- DEBUG_CT_SAVE_STEPS : save state between every steps.
To restart a saved state, just set the RESTART make variable when calling make:
- make RESTART=<step_name>
- pipe size in Linux is only 8*512=4096 bytes
- pipe size is not setable
- when the feeding process spits out data faster than the eating
process can read it, then the feeding process stalls after 4KiB
of data sent to the pipe
- for us, the progress bar would spawn a sub-shell every line,
and the sub-shell would in turn spawn a 'date' command.
Which was sloooww as hell, and would cause some kind of a
starvation: the pipe was full most of the time, and the
feeding process was stalled all this time.
Now, we use internal variables and a little hack based onan offset
to determine the elapsed time. Much faster this way, but still
- associated patch set
- update the munging function to accomodate the new config variables
libfloat version was missing from the previous commit... :-(
Better handle the case where the sample directory already exist but isn't under revision control, and in case the destination file doesn't exist in the sample directory.
- add a framework to easily add new ones
- add gdb as a first debug facility
- add patches for gdb
After the kernel checked its installed headers, clean up the mess of .checked.* files.
- dump the configuration early
- renice early
- get info about build system early, when setting up the environment
- when in cross or native, the host tools are those of the build system, and only in this case
- elapsed time calculations moved to scripts/functions
Remove handling of the color: it's gone once and for all.
- handle debug facilities
- commonalise some code
- remove dead tools (cygwin, tcc)
Point to my address for bug reports.
- the tarball directory is considered as a local copy, and tarballs are copied to a working area,
- the sources and build directories (CT_SRC_DIR and CT_BUILD_DIR) are now computed, and no longer an option,
- the build dir has been renamed from 'build' to 'targets'.
That should ease preparing a tarball of the resulting target.
- use ports addon even when installing headers,
- use optimisation (-O) when installing headers, to avoid unnecessary warnings (thanks Robert P. J. DAY for pointing this out!),
- lowest kernel version to use is only X.Y.Z, not X.Y.Z.T,
- a bit of preparations for NPTL (RSN I hope),
- fix fixing the linker scripts (changing the backup file is kind of useless and stupid);
Shut uClibc finish step: there really is nothing to do;
Add a patch for glibc-2.3.6 weak aliases handling on some archs (ARM and ALPHA at least);
Did not catch the make errors: fixed the pattern matching in scripts/functions;
Introduce a new log level, ALL:
- send components' build messages there,
- DEBUG log level is destined only for crosstool-NG debug messages,
- migrate sub-actions to use appropriate log levels;
Update the armeb-unknown-linux-gnu sample:
- it builds!
- uses gcc-4.0.4 and glibc-2.3.6,
- updated to latest config options set.